Fujifilm Cameras Wins iF Design Awards
Five Fujifilm products, including the X-Pro2 and broadcast zoom lens Fujinon UA80x9, won the internationally prestigious “iF Design Award,” in recognition of their product design and performance in diverse fields. The iF Design Award is an international design award launched in 1953 by the iF International Forum Design in Hanover, Germany. It is one of the world’s three most prestigious design awards, alongside Germany’s “Red Dot Design Award” and the United States’ “IDEA.” The five products were awarded in recognition of not only exterior design, but also their advanced product performance and ease of use.
The five winners are…
- X-Pro2—an interchangeable lens, premium compact camera with retro rangefinder design that has evolved from its predecessor’s full magnesium alloy chassis and milled aluminum dials, combined with additional features for enhanced ease of use. The standout feature is the first Advanced Hybrid Multi Viewfinder allows users to switch between the optical and electronic viewfinders to suit shooting conditions. The X-Pro2 ships from Amazon for free with Prime for $1,699.00
- X70—a fixed lens, wide-angle premium compact camera that despite its pocket-size, delivers the image quality Fujifilm is famous for. The ultra-thin 18.5mm wide-angle lens includes a barrel with a milled metal aperture ring and control ring to enable full-fledged manual shooting. The 180-degree tilting touchscreen allows street shooters to shoot from the hip, and an AF of up to 0.1 second means less missed shots. X70 ships from Amazon for free with Prime for $699.00
- X-T10 —a fast compact featuring an AF system that excels in tracking a moving subject, the world’s shortest display time lag of just 0.005 sec*5, the large electronic viewfinder with the magnification ratio of 0.62x*6 and a built-in flash. It’s intended for those that enjoy “shooting through the viewfinder” in a variety of scenes both indoors and outdoors. It’s the “compact yet fully-featured” camera that caters to beginners and professional photographers. The X-T10 ships from Amazon for free with Prime for $1,099.00.
- XQ2 —is a point and shoot with the X-TransTM CMOS II 2/3-inch sensor, fast f1.8 lens and optical 4x zoom starting from 25mm on the wide-angle side, into a lightweight, stylish and compact body weighing just 206g. Minimalistic and refined design it’s about ease of operation and the Fujifilm image quality. The XQ2 ships from Amazon for free with Prime for $299.00
- UA80x9— is the first broadcast zoom lens compatible with 4K cameras and using optical simulation technology, delivers a high magnification zoom of up to 80x, while offering advanced optical performance. It covers the focal lengths from 9mm on the wide angle side to 720mm on the telephoto end. Optical stabilization mechanism corrects image shakes caused by vibrations, realizing stable footage in coverage of live sporting events and concerts. Intended for the broadcast market, pricing wasn’t announced.
Since it launched, we’ve been shooting with the X-Pr02 and shared our first-impressions last month.