FUJIFILM EF-X500 Flash
Along with the XT-2, FUJIFILM also launched the EF-X500 Flash. We’ll get our hands on it later this month when FUJIFILM visits the West coast, and our home town of Seattle.
For now, here’s the PR.
The new high-end multi-function external FUJIFILM EF-X500 Flash is now official for the lineup of accessories for the X Series of digital cameras. The EF-X500 is a hot-shoe mount flash with a maximum guide number of approximately 50, and includes support for the FP mode (high-speed flash sync) so that the flash can be fired at any shutter speed. Photographers can now concentrate on shooting when a faster shutter speed is required, for example, in order to use a near-maximum aperture to produce beautiful bokeh.
The EF-X500 also supports multi-flash lighting. Users can set up multiple flashes to freely control light on a subject and background for a creative result. Through-the-lens (TTL) lighting control is available with single flash and also in the multi-flash setup, so that users can start shooting without having to make cumbersome adjustments to light output.
EF-X500 Flash key features:
- Maximum guide number of approximately 50 (ISO100･m) / 164 (ISO100·ft)
- Zooming the illumination angle for the focal lengths of 24mm – 105mm, and covering the illumination angle of approximately 20mm when the wide panel is used
- Flash head that can be tilted up by 90° degrees, down by 10° degrees, to the left by 135° degrees and to the right by 180° degrees for bouncing light
- Equipped with LED video light that can also be used as AF assist light and catch light
- Registers up to ten combinations of various setting to suit specific shooting conditions in advance for quick activation when needed
The FUJIFILM EF-X500 Flash will be available in September 2016 in the U.S. for USD $449.99.